Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) in the last few weeks:
- 9/1/2017 – Cree was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – Cree had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a $21.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree was downgraded by analysts at Stephens from an “equal weight” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a $16.50 price target on the stock, down previously from $27.50. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $22.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $24.00.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree was given a new $22.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – Cree had its price target lowered by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from $28.00 to $26.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/22/2017 – Cree was given a new $29.00 price target on by analysts at Roth Capital. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/28/2017 – Cree was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/18/2017 – Cree was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Cree, Inc. is a market-leading innovator and manufacturer of semiconductors that enhance the value of solid-state lighting, power and communications products by significantly increasing their energy performance and efficiency. Key to Cree’s market advantage is its world-class materials expertise in silicon carbide and gallium nitride for chips and packaged devices that can handle more power in a smaller space while producing less heat than other available technologies, materials and products. Cree drives its increased performance technology into multiple applications, including exciting alternatives in brighter and more-tunable light for general illumination, backlighting for more-vivid displays, optimized power management for high-current switch-mode power supplies and variable-speed motors, and more-effective wireless infrastructure for data and voice communications. Cree customers range from innovative lighting-fixtures makers to defense-related federal agencies. “
Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ CREE) traded up 1.76% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $24.27. 701,988 shares of the stock were exchanged. Cree, Inc. has a one year low of $20.50 and a one year high of $31.64. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $24.20 and a 200-day moving average price of $24.79. The company’s market cap is $2.37 billion.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, August 22nd. The LED producer reported $0.04 EPS for the quarter, hitting the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.04. Cree had a negative net margin of 7.17% and a negative return on equity of 0.13%. The company had revenue of $359 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $349.82 million. During the same quarter last year, the business earned $0.19 EPS. The business’s revenue was down 7.6% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts forecast that Cree, Inc. will post $0.36 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Cree, Inc is a manufacturer of lighting-class light emitting diode (LED) products, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications. The Company’s products are focused for applications, such as indoor and outdoor lighting, video displays, transportation, electronic signs and signals, power supplies, inverters and wireless systems.
Receive News & Ratings for Cree Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cree Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.