AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/31/2017 – AeroVironment had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $36.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/30/2017 – AeroVironment had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from $29.00 to $37.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/30/2017 – AeroVironment had its price target raised by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $35.00 to $40.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/28/2017 – AeroVironment had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/16/2017 – AeroVironment was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/10/2017 – AeroVironment had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Date and time of first dissemination: August 10, 2017, 10:54 ET Date and time of production: August 10, 2017, 10:54 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: AeroVironment – AVAV Our $35 price target is based on the blend of a ~60x EPS multiple and a ~27x EBITDA multiple, applied to our FY18 estimates. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: AeroVironment – AVAV Risks to our thesis on AVAV include: a delay in FAA regulations for drone flights, which could result in a slower than anticipated adoption of UAS for commercial applications; spending cuts by the military; a slower-than-anticipated consumer adoption for electronic vehicles; and increased competition for the company’s business segments. Distribution of Ratings: Global Stock Ratings (as of 08/10/17) Rating Coverage Universe IB Clients # % % Buy 591 60.68% 40.10% Hold 281 28.85% 23.13% Sell 24 2.46% 8.33% Speculative Buy 78 8.01% 73.08% 974* 100.0% *Total includes stocks that are Under Review Canaccord Genuity Ratings System BUY: The stock is expected to generate risk-adjusted returns of over 10% during the next 12 months. HOLD: The stock is expected to generate risk-adjusted returns of 0-10% during the next 12 months. SELL: The stock is expected to generate negative risk-adjusted returns during the next 12 months. NOT RATED: Canaccord Genuity does not provide research coverage of the relevant issuer.””
- 7/28/2017 – AeroVironment was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV) opened at 48.96 on Thursday. AeroVironment, Inc. has a 52 week low of $22.16 and a 52 week high of $51.04. The company’s 50-day moving average is $40.83 and its 200 day moving average is $33.37. The firm has a market capitalization of $1.14 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 57.67 and a beta of 1.26.
AeroVironment (NASDAQ:AVAV) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 29th. The aerospace company reported ($0.19) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.34) by $0.15. The firm had revenue of $43.80 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $42.44 million. AeroVironment had a net margin of 7.22% and a return on equity of 5.40%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 21.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted ($0.51) earnings per share. Analysts anticipate that AeroVironment, Inc. will post $0.61 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, Chairman Timothy E. Conver sold 32,800 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Friday, July 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $39.17, for a total value of $1,284,776.00. Following the sale, the chairman now directly owns 69,500 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,722,315. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, Chairman Timothy E. Conver sold 4,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, June 21st. The shares were sold at an average price of $30.99, for a total transaction of $123,960.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now directly owns 66,621 shares in the company, valued at $2,064,584.79. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 83,097 shares of company stock worth $3,280,965 over the last ninety days. 11.00% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
AeroVironment, Inc designs, develops, produces, supports and operates a portfolio of products and services for government agencies, businesses and consumers. The Company operates through two segments: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), which focuses primarily on the design, development, production, support and operation of UAS and tactical missile systems that provide situational awareness, multi-band communications, force protection and other mission effects, and Efficient Energy Systems (EES), which focuses primarily on the design, development, production, marketing, support and operation of electric energy systems.
Receive News & Ratings for AeroVironment Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AeroVironment Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.