Media stories about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (NYSE:AQN) have trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research firm ranks the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. earned a media sentiment score of 0.07 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave headlines about the utilities provider an impact score of 46.4272275905376 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s scoring:
- Atlantica Yield Announces a Strategic Partnership with Algonquin to Drive Accretive Growth (wallstreet-online.de)
- BRIEF-Abengoa to sell 25 pct of Atlantica Yield with capital gain of about 96 mln euros (ABG, AQN) (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Algonquin Power expanding abroad in new deal with Spanish firm Abengoa (660news.com)
- Zacks: Analysts Set $11.52 Target Price for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (AQN) (americanbankingnews.com)
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bearish Manner : AQN-US : October 26, 2017 (finance.yahoo.com)
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, October 13th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 29th were given a $0.1165 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, September 28th. This represents a $0.47 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 4.36%. Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 156.67%.
Separately, Zacks Investment Research raised shares of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $12.00 price target on the stock in a research note on Monday, August 14th.
About Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities.
Receive News & Ratings for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.