Media headlines about GDL Fund (NYSE:GDL) have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern reports. Accern rates the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. GDL Fund earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news articles about the investment management company an impact score of 47.9092616449149 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- GDL Fund (GDL) Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.10 (americanbankingnews.com)
- The GDL Fund : Declares Fourth Quarter Distribution of $0.10 Per Share (4-traders.com)
- The GDL Fund Authorizes Non-Transferable Preferred Share Rights Offering (finance.yahoo.com)
- The GDL Fund Declares Fourth Quarter Distribution of $0.10 Per Share (finance.yahoo.com)
- $98 fine for those caught using mobile device while driving in Malaysia (asiaone.com)
GDL Fund (GDL) opened at $9.85 on Wednesday. GDL Fund has a 52-week low of $9.63 and a 52-week high of $10.38.
GDL Fund Company Profile
The GDL Fund (the Fund) is a diversified closed-end management investment fund. The Fund’s primary investment objective is to achieve absolute returns in various market conditions without excessive risk of capital. The Fund will seek to achieve its objective by investing primarily in merger arbitrage transactions and, to a lesser extent, in corporate reorganizations involving stubs, spin-offs, and liquidations.
Receive News & Ratings for GDL Fund Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for GDL Fund and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.