News coverage about Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) has trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern reports. The research firm rates the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Baidu earned a daily sentiment score of 0.09 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news coverage about the information services provider an impact score of 45.9018965616409 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the media stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s scoring:
- Baidu (BIDU) Rating Lowered to Hold at Zacks Investment Research (americanbankingnews.com)
- Inside Baidu’s China Consultancy Business in Japan (finance.yahoo.com)
- As Baidu (BIDU) Stock Price Rose, Overlook Holdings LTD Trimmed Its Stake by $8.81 Million; As Energy Transfer … – Hill Country Times (hillcountrytimes.com)
- As Baidu (BIDU) Shares Rose, Shareholder Select Equity Group LP Raised Its Stake; Apple (AAPL) Stake Raised by Davis … – Hill Country Times (hillcountrytimes.com)
- Q4 2017 EPS Estimates for Baidu Inc (BIDU) Increased by Oppenheimer (americanbankingnews.com)
A number of analysts have recently weighed in on the company. Barclays set a $250.00 price target on Baidu and gave the stock a “hold” rating in a research report on Thursday, October 19th. UBS upgraded Baidu from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research report on Monday, October 23rd. Jefferies Group increased their price target on Baidu from $232.00 to $305.00 and gave the stock a “buy” rating in a research report on Friday, October 20th. OTR Global upgraded Baidu to a “positive” rating in a research report on Wednesday, October 25th. Finally, Zacks Investment Research cut Baidu from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Monday. One research analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, ten have given a hold rating, thirteen have given a buy rating and three have assigned a strong buy rating to the company. Baidu presently has a consensus rating of “Buy” and a consensus price target of $238.19.
Baidu, Inc is a Chinese language Internet search provider. The Company offers a Chinese language search platform on its Baidu.com Website that enables users to find information online, including Webpages, news, images, documents and multimedia files, through links provided on its Website. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, the Company provides a platform for businesses to reach customers.
Receive News & Ratings for Baidu Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Baidu and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.