News headlines about Connecticut Water Service (NASDAQ:CTWS) have trended somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies negative and positive news coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Connecticut Water Service earned a media sentiment score of 0.05 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media headlines about the utilities provider an impact score of 46.4693444039299 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news articles that may have effected Accern’s rankings:
- Regulators approve Maine Water’s request to begin recovery of $5M in infrastructure investments, operating expenses (waterworld.com)
- Connecticut Water Service (CTWS) Downgraded by BidaskClub (americanbankingnews.com)
- Connecticut Water Service (CTWS) Downgraded to “Sell” at Zacks Investment Research (americanbankingnews.com)
- Regulators approve Maine Water’s request to begin recovery of $5 million in infrastructure investments and increased operating expenses (feeds.benzinga.com)
- Regulators approve Maine Water’s request to begin recovery of $5 million in infrastructure investments and increased operating expenses (finance.yahoo.com)
Several analysts have recently weighed in on the company. BidaskClub cut Connecticut Water Service from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a report on Friday, August 25th. Barclays upped their target price on Connecticut Water Service from $53.00 to $57.00 and gave the company an “equal weight” rating in a report on Friday, September 22nd. Finally, Zacks Investment Research lowered Connecticut Water Service from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research note on Tuesday, December 12th.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, December 15th. Investors of record on Friday, December 1st were issued a dividend of $0.298 per share. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, November 30th. This represents a $1.19 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.95%. Connecticut Water Service’s dividend payout ratio is 57.77%.
About Connecticut Water Service
Connecticut Water Service, Inc is a non-operating holding company. The Company’s income is derived from the earnings of its subsidiary companies, including The Connecticut Water Company (Connecticut Water), The Maine Water Company (Maine Water), New England Water Utility Services, Inc (NEWUS),The Avon Water Company (AWC) and Chester Realty Company (Chester Realty).
Receive News & Ratings for Connecticut Water Service Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Connecticut Water Service and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.