News coverage about Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) has been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research firm rates the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Dow Chemical earned a media sentiment score of 0.15 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news articles about the basic materials company an impact score of 45.4685976407127 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Living in right field before Dow Diamond – installment No. 41 (ourmidland.com)
- Dow Makes Moves to Reduce Marine Plastic Pollution in Japan, Indonesia (sustainablebrands.com)
- Dow heads first quantitative study to reduce plastic waste in Japan – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Global Synthetic Ink Resins Market 2017 – BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Lawter BV, Indulor Chemie Gmbh – Silver Pinyon Journal (silverpinyon.com)
- Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market 2017 – BASF, The Dow Chemical Company, Zeon, Styron Europe GmbH – The Tri-County Press (thetricountypress.com)
Shares of Dow Chemical (NYSE DOW) remained flat at $$66.65 during midday trading on Tuesday. The company has a market cap of $83,740.00, a PE ratio of 27.89 and a beta of 1.13. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68, a quick ratio of 1.32 and a current ratio of 1.93. Dow Chemical has a 1-year low of $51.57 and a 1-year high of $67.50.
COPYRIGHT VIOLATION NOTICE: This piece of content was originally posted by Sports Perspectives and is the sole property of of Sports Perspectives. If you are reading this piece of content on another website, it was copied illegally and reposted in violation of US and international trademark and copyright legislation. The original version of this piece of content can be read at https://sportsperspectives.com/2017/12/26/dow-chemical-dow-receiving-somewhat-favorable-media-coverage-report-shows-2.html.
About Dow Chemical
Receive News & Ratings for Dow Chemical Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Dow Chemical and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.