Press coverage about Sonoco Products (NYSE:SON) has trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Sonoco Products earned a coverage optimism score of 0.14 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media headlines about the industrial products company an impact score of 45.6217608682353 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
These are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- Global Stock Clamshell Packaging Market Poised to Grow at a CAGR of 6.3%: APEJ to Dominate the Market in Terms of Revenue (emailwire.com)
- Pre-Market Technical Scan on Packaging & Containers Equities — Sealed Air, Silgan, Sonoco Products, and WestRock (prnewswire.com)
- Sonoco Products (SON) Scheduled to Post Earnings on Thursday (americanbankingnews.com)
- Zacks Investment Research Lowers Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold (americanbankingnews.com)
- Global Extruded Polypropylene Foam Market Development by 2026: Borealis AG, Sonoco Products Company, Sekisui Voltek (topexaminer.com)
Shares of Sonoco Products (NYSE:SON) opened at $49.95 on Friday. The firm has a market capitalization of $4,965.08, a P/E ratio of 18.36, a P/E/G ratio of 3.42 and a beta of 1.12. Sonoco Products has a 12-month low of $47.10 and a 12-month high of $55.77. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.74, a current ratio of 1.59 and a quick ratio of 1.11.
Sonoco Products Company Profile
Sonoco Products Company is engaged in manufacturing of industrial and consumer packaging products, and providing packaging services. The Company operates in four segments: Consumer Packaging, Paper and Industrial Converted Products, Display and Packaging, and Protective Solutions. Its Consumer Packaging segment’s products and services include round composite cans, aluminum, steel and peelable membrane easy-open closures for composite and metal cans; plastic bottles, cups and trays, and printed flexible packaging and global brand management.
Receive News & Ratings for Sonoco Products Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Sonoco Products and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.