Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded up 0.2% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on February 21st. One Tether token can now be purchased for about $1.00 or 0.00009611 BTC on popular exchanges including Huobi, Binance, Bitfinex and Liqui. Tether has a total market capitalization of $2.22 billion and approximately $3.68 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Tether has traded down 0% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 9.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00009756 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 9.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $120.14 or 0.01152500 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00003783 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.78 or 0.00017071 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 8.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0446 or 0.00000428 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 12.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.84 or 0.00056020 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 12.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.23 or 0.00088515 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 13.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $22.44 or 0.00215258 BTC.
- RChain (RHOC) traded down 16.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.10 or 0.00020159 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00001926 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, Binance, Coinbene, Huobi, Bibox, Kraken, Coinut, HitBTC, ZB.COM, Gate.io, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Tidex, Exmo, EXX, OKEx, Kucoin and Liqui. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Tether must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.