Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded 1.9% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 13:00 PM ET on March 11th. During the last seven days, Ethereum has traded down 17% against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum coin can now be purchased for about $713.53 or 0.07706960 BTC on popular exchanges including Bancor Network, BTC Markets, Coinbene and Huobi. Ethereum has a market capitalization of $70.01 billion and $1.57 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $9,306.25 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,099.22 or 0.11872900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $188.56 or 0.02036620 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $269.83 or 0.02914490 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.09 or 0.00227768 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11.47 or 0.00123897 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $82.92 or 0.00895582 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $300.00 or 0.03240290 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.53 or 0.00027280 BTC.
Ethereum Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Ethereum Coin Trading
Ethereum can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OKEx, Bit-Z, Tidebit, Liqui, Lbank, COSS, Coinrail, BtcTrade.im, xBTCe, Bitfinex, Mercatox, Bancor Network, Exmo, Coinsquare, Korbit, ChaoEX, CoinEgg, BigONE, Independent Reserve, Huobi, Cobinhood, Coinut, BitGrail, ZB.COM, Qryptos, Coinnest, Gate.io, BitBay, WEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Binance, Cryptopia, Coinone, HitBTC, Allcoin, CoinExchange, Bibox, Koineks, GDAX, ACX, bitFlyer, BTCTurk, Poloniex, Upbit, DSX, Mr. Exchange, Kucoin, BX Thailand, Gatehub, CoolCoin, CEX.IO, Koinex, Coinbene, Bitbank, EXX, Livecoin, EtherDelta, Tidex, TOPBTC, Bitso, GOPAX, Bithumb, QuadrigaCX, Bitinka, YoBit, Bitstamp, BTC Markets, Bittrex, RightBTC, CoinFalcon, Gemini, Quoine, Kraken and Gatecoin. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.