Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 2.5% higher against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on March 12th. Siacoin has a market capitalization of $478.80 million and $9.25 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last week, Siacoin has traded 27.1% lower against the US dollar. One Siacoin coin can currently be purchased for $0.0145 or 0.00000157 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BITHOLIC, Bisq, Upbit and Poloniex.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9,270.58 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $704.97 or 0.07645020 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,068.98 or 0.11592600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $179.82 or 0.01950070 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $259.41 or 0.02813230 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $20.58 or 0.00223180 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $10.80 or 0.00117134 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $80.14 or 0.00869039 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $299.86 or 0.03251840 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, BITHOLIC, Abucoins, HitBTC, Upbit, Bisq and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.