Skycoin (CURRENCY:SKY) traded 7.6% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on March 14th. Skycoin has a market cap of $81.44 million and approximately $510,297.00 worth of Skycoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Skycoin has traded down 23.5% against the US dollar. One Skycoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $10.54 or 0.00121164 BTC on exchanges including C2CX and Cryptopia.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.75 or 0.00008648 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00003174 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $77.68 or 0.00893346 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.20 or 0.00013839 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011529 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0334 or 0.00000384 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.00 or 0.00046021 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 16.3% against the dollar and now trades at $9.62 or 0.00110624 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $17.04 or 0.00195957 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Skycoin is a cryptocurrency written from scratch in Golang. It does not use PoW nor PoS and relies instead on Obelisk, a network consensus algorithm, replaces both PoW and PoS with a web of trust. Skycoin is focused on core features, security, usability and simplifying Bitcoin instead of adding features as a marketing gimmick. “
Buying and Selling Skycoin
Skycoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: C2CX and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to buy Skycoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Skycoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Skycoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Skycoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Skycoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.