Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 3.4% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 13:00 PM E.T. on April 17th. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $1.73 or 0.00021353 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader, YoBit and Livecoin. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 15% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $25.49 million and approximately $367,563.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,127.79 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $777.17 or 0.09595840 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.70 or 0.00033290 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $16.45 or 0.00203062 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $133.72 or 0.01651010 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.43 or 0.00017680 BTC.
- PACcoin ($PAC) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0073 or 0.00000090 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002242 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003562 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001923 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, BX Thailand, Bleutrade, Livecoin, Bittylicious, SouthXchange, YoBit and WEX. It is not possible to buy Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.