Media stories about Omega Protein (NYSE:OME) have been trending somewhat positive on Tuesday, Accern reports. The research firm ranks the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Omega Protein earned a media sentiment score of 0.14 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news coverage about the company an impact score of 45.9009946017779 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the news articles that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Whey Protein To The Food Finance Institute: Tera Johnson Talks Growing Food Businesses (wuwm.com)
- Weight Loss: These 12 High-Protein Foods Will Help You Lose Weight Quicker! (ndtv.com)
- What foods are high in protein? (medicalnewstoday.com)
- ADM selling high-protein ingredient as partial fishmeal replacement (undercurrentnews.com)
- Do the benefits of fish oil live up to its hype? (seattletimes.com)
OME traded up $0.05 on Tuesday, hitting $22.00. 658,900 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 299,524. Omega Protein has a 12 month low of $14.50 and a 12 month high of $26.99.
Omega Protein Corporation is a nutritional products company that develops, produces and delivers nutritious products. The Company operates through two segments: animal nutrition and human nutrition. The Company’s animal nutrition segment consists of two subsidiaries: Omega Protein, Inc (Omega Protein) and Omega Shipyard, Inc (Omega Shipyard).
Receive News & Ratings for Omega Protein Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Omega Protein and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.