Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for FMC (NYSE: FMC):
- 5/14/2018 – FMC was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $98.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $98.70.
- 5/4/2018 – FMC was upgraded by analysts at Stephens from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – FMC had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from $100.00 to $107.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – FMC had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $95.00 to $100.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – FMC was given a new $100.00 price target on by analysts at Bank of America. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – FMC had its price target raised by analysts at Loop Capital to $119.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/2/2018 – FMC was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b” rating.
- 4/14/2018 – FMC was given a new $100.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 4/12/2018 – FMC was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock.
- 4/6/2018 – FMC was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $89.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “FMC Corp. recently provided an upbeat outlook for the first quarter and full-year 2018. The company sees adjusted earnings for both periods to exceed the top end of its prior guidance ranges. FMC Corp. is seeing strong demand in its Lithium unit and is expanding production capacity to meet growing demand for electric vehicles. The acquisition of a major portion of DuPont's Crop Protection business has also provided a significant growth platform for the company's Agricultural Solutions unit. The company should also gain from its efforts to expand product portfolio.”
FMC opened at $92.40 on Friday, Marketbeat Ratings reports. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99, a quick ratio of 1.23 and a current ratio of 1.61. FMC Co. has a one year low of $89.89 and a one year high of $91.18. The stock has a market capitalization of $12.34 billion, a P/E ratio of 34.10, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.10 and a beta of 1.62.
FMC (NYSE:FMC) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May 2nd. The basic materials company reported $1.84 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.63 by $0.21. FMC had a return on equity of 22.69% and a net margin of 26.54%. The business had revenue of $1.21 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.17 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $0.64 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was up 103.2% compared to the same quarter last year. equities research analysts predict that FMC Co. will post 6.1 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, CEO Pierre R. Brondeau sold 72,992 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, May 7th. The stock was sold at an average price of $87.19, for a total value of $6,364,172.48. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 407,487 shares in the company, valued at $35,528,791.53. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. Insiders own 1.20% of the company’s stock.
Institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in the stock. Harel Insurance Investments & Financial Services Ltd. bought a new stake in FMC in the fourth quarter valued at about $123,000. Assetmark Inc. increased its holdings in FMC by 212.2% in the fourth quarter. Assetmark Inc. now owns 1,489 shares of the basic materials company’s stock valued at $141,000 after buying an additional 1,012 shares during the last quarter. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC increased its holdings in FMC by 256.4% in the fourth quarter. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC now owns 1,732 shares of the basic materials company’s stock valued at $164,000 after buying an additional 1,246 shares during the last quarter. Tiemann Investment Advisors LLC bought a new stake in FMC in the fourth quarter valued at about $202,000. Finally, Two Sigma Securities LLC bought a new stake in FMC in the fourth quarter valued at about $203,000. 88.15% of the stock is owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
FMC Corporation, a diversified chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for the agricultural, consumer, and industrial markets worldwide. The company operates in two segments, FMC Agricultural Solutions and FMC Lithium. The FMC Agricultural Solutions segment develops, manufactures, markets, and sells crop protection chemicals, including insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides that are used in agriculture to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a range of insects, weeds, and diseases, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
Receive News & Ratings for FMC Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for FMC Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.