XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on October 30th. One XRP coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.44 or 0.00007021 BTC on exchanges including CEX.IO, OpenLedger DEX, Altcoin Trader and ZB.COM. During the last seven days, XRP has traded down 2.6% against the dollar. XRP has a total market cap of $17.85 billion and approximately $244.99 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00003546 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00015754 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0222 or 0.00000351 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.43 or 0.00149051 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.26 or 0.00241389 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0101 or 0.00000160 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $621.16 or 0.09823204 BTC.
- 0x (ZRX) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.78 or 0.00012292 BTC.
- IOStoken (IOST) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0396 or 0.00000526 BTC.
- Zilliqa (ZIL) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0341 or 0.00000540 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: WazirX, Coinhub, HitBTC, Indodax, Coinone, B2BX, Liquid, Stellarport, Cryptomate, Koineks, Korbit, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Gate.io, Coinbe, DragonEX, Instant Bitex, Vebitcoin, RippleFox, Bits Blockchain, Bitstamp, BTC Markets, Fatbtc, ABCC, CoinFalcon, Zebpay, MBAex, Poloniex, Bitinka, DigiFinex, BTC Trade UA, Bitfinex, GOPAX, OTCBTC, Altcoin Trader, Gatehub, Bitso, Kuna, Coindeal, Ovis, Huobi, Bithumb, Bitbns, CoinBene, Upbit, BtcTurk, Koinex, BX Thailand, Bitbank, Braziliex, Kraken, OpenLedger DEX, Binance, BitBay, BitMarket, Bitlish, Coinrail, Sistemkoin, ZB.COM, CoinEgg, Bitsane, Coinsquare, Ripple China, Bittrex, BitFlip, LakeBTC, FCoin, Exmo, CEX.IO, Exrates, BCEX, Tripe Dice Exchange, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, LiteBit.eu, Cryptohub, OKEx, C2CX, Coinsuper and Independent Reserve. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.