XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 4.4% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on November 15th. During the last seven days, XRP has traded 5.4% lower against the U.S. dollar. XRP has a total market capitalization of $19.21 billion and approximately $895.18 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. One XRP coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.48 or 0.00008496 BTC on exchanges including Bittrex, C2CX, Bitsane and Bitfinex.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00004337 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.98 or 0.00017513 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0193 or 0.00000343 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.08 or 0.00143987 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $13.00 or 0.00231561 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0079 or 0.00000141 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $573.19 or 0.10209308 BTC.
- IOStoken (IOST) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0396 or 0.00000526 BTC.
- 0x (ZRX) traded up 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00010440 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded up 12.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00003994 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
XRP Coin Trading
XRP can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Vebitcoin, GOPAX, Kuna, Kraken, Poloniex, ZB.COM, Bits Blockchain, LiteBit.eu, Sistemkoin, Cryptohub, Bitfinex, BX Thailand, Coinsuper, CEX.IO, Instant Bitex, B2BX, OKEx, BtcTurk, CoinFalcon, BitFlip, Bitlish, RippleFox, Coinhub, Altcoin Trader, Bithumb, Independent Reserve, ABCC, Bitsane, Exmo, Coinbe, Coindeal, Bittrex, HitBTC, Zebpay, CoinBene, Bitbank, Indodax, OpenLedger DEX, Cryptomate, WazirX, BTC Markets, Korbit, Ovis, Fatbtc, Upbit, Bitstamp, Stellarport, BitMarket, Gatehub, Gate.io, CoinEgg, Tripe Dice Exchange, Liquid, Koineks, Koinex, DragonEX, BCEX, Bitinka, DigiFinex, BitBay, C2CX, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, FCoin, Braziliex, Exrates, BTC Trade UA, Huobi, Bitbns, Binance, OTCBTC, Bitso, LakeBTC, Coinrail, Ripple China, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), MBAex, Coinsquare and Coinone. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.