XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 1.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 14:00 PM Eastern on April 19th. XRP has a total market capitalization of $13.94 billion and $1.05 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, XRP has traded 1.4% higher against the U.S. dollar. One XRP coin can currently be purchased for about $0.33 or 0.00006294 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Vebitcoin, Huobi, Covesting and FCoin.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $23.84 or 0.00451755 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00019070 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00002196 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0264 or 0.00000501 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $59.47 or 0.01127106 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $11.07 or 0.00209817 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00007151 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0845 or 0.00001601 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0072 or 0.00000136 BTC.
- Augur (REP) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.57 or 0.00408837 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
XRP Coin Trading
XRP can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinFalcon, Huobi, Coinsuper, Zebpay, BX Thailand, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Gatehub, BitMarket, Koinex, BtcTurk, Ripple China, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), CoinBene, Bitfinex, Gate.io, Kraken, Tripe Dice Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, Koineks, Altcoin Trader, Bitstamp, LiteBit.eu, BTC Trade UA, Covesting, OKEx, Sistemkoin, Ovis, LakeBTC, OTCBTC, Bitsane, Bitlish, Bithumb, CEX.IO, Coinbe, DigiFinex, Cryptohub, GOPAX, Vebitcoin, Binance, CoinEgg, BCEX, DragonEX, Bits Blockchain, Coinhub, FCoin, Poloniex, ABCC, BTC Markets, B2BX, Braziliex, Indodax, BitBay, Korbit, Coinsquare, Liquid, Bitso, Coindeal, Coinone, ZB.COM, Kuna, Bitinka, Stellarport, Exmo, Cryptomate, WazirX, MBAex, Bittrex, RippleFox, BitFlip, C2CX, Instant Bitex, HitBTC, Independent Reserve, Coinrail, Fatbtc, Upbit, Bitbns, Bitbank and Exrates. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.